@Test The greatest influence in Jean’s work, at this time, is form in nature. She spends lot of time outdoors gathering information. She takes rubbings from tree bark. She walks along the beach studying shells and seaweed She sees beautiful flowers changing to the quirky seed heads with ingenious openings through which the seeds escape. All provide exciting sources of inspiration. These she records in photograph and drawing. Jean now experiments with materials to produce three dimensional forms to echo her discoveries. Wire is an important element in her work with fabric and threads.
She has a City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Design and Craft – Stitched Textiles. She is a member of Filament, Irish Embroiderers’ Guild, Feltmakers’ Ireland and The Patchwork Society.
- 2011 Filament group exhibition, Knitting & Stitching Show, RDS, Dublin
- 2011 Irish Guild of Embroiderers Exhibition St Enda’s Park Rathfarnham
- 2010 “Uncommon Threads” Samhlaiocht Gallery, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- 2010 “Uncommon Threads” Graffon Gallery, Castle Espie, Co. Down
- 2009 Filament group exhibition, Knitting & Stitching Show, RDS, Dublin
- 2009 Exhibition of Continuing Education in Art & Design
- 2008 Filament group exhibition, Knitting & Stitching Show, RDS, Dublin